1. This competition is open to all the photographers across the world.
2. The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to the exhibition rules and conditions.
3. All acceptances will count for FIAP, PSA & FIP Distinctions.
4. Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of object via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. Images where entrants do not give this permission will be declined and entry fees forfeited.
5. All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright.
6. The entrant permits the organizers to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This includes low resolution posting on a website.
7. Entries which will not comply in full or part with the conditions of the Salon, will not be judged.
8. Images or similar images exhibited in previous BAWS SALON International Salon of Photography will not be eligible.
9. A photo entered in one section, can not be entered in another section. If two or more similar images are entered by the same author, the first one getting the acceptance score will be considered for acceptance or award, while other images will not be considered. Entries may not be re-titled in any other FIAP / UPI Recognized Exhibition. Images that meet the PID Monochrome definition may not be entered in the Color Class section. They may only be entered in the Monochrome Class section. All entries in the Monochrome Class section must conform to the Monochrome Definition given below.
10. Works such as 'Untitled' and 'No Title' are not acceptable as part of all of an image's title, or are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.
11. No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount entered in a FIAP Recognized exhibition.
12. Organizers will handle each digital file and the related items with utmost care. However, they will not be responsible for any loss or damage.
13. Watermarks or any such identification marks including camera generated date/time are not acceptable.
14. An entrant's four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging. The decision of the Judges will be final and binding on all the participants; no further appeal will be entertained.
15. We will not take any responsibility for loss and damages of awards/Images during the transit.
16. Participants are requested to submit their entries and remit their entry fees well in time. Late entries will not be entertained and entry fees will be retained. If entry fee is not received within the specific timeframe, photographs will not be considered for selection.
17. There are no restrictions as to subject matter except as outlined in the rules and definitions of specific sections, or specified by law in India.
18. All acceptances in the section for each Class are eligible for Projected Image Division Star Ratings for that Class subject to the requirements of the Projected Image Division.
19. Submission of Entries to the Salon implies acceptance of the above regulations. Additionally, with the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
1. All submitted Photographs must be the work of the participant solely.
Small Prints: The maximum print size including borders is (30.5cm by 21.6cm) (12 inches by 8.5 inches). Prints can be in either landscape or portrait format. Only unmounted prints are accepted, framed prints are not permitted. Print should be submitted in flat covers (not to be rolled)
[NOTE: Prints larger than the specified sizes will be disqualified and will not be judged].
OnLine Entry: At first Print Entries are made via the on-line entry form by clicking on the link 'Participation Form', titles of all your print entries are required to be entered there. Only ENGLISH alphabets can be entered as titles; titles can contain maximum 30 character. No special file naming is required.
JPEG Copies: During the online entry you will need to upload a JPEG copy of your print entries [ Maximum image size is 1024 pixels width x 768 pixels high . Please check all JPEG image sizes before submission.
Labels: You will receive a label from "Review" page. You will be required to get print out of these Labels and paste them to the back of your respective prints.
NOTE: Prints submitted without the correct labels WILL be rejected and Not be placed for Judging.
SENDING YOUR PRINTS
Please send you prints by post to:
BAIDYABATI ART AND WELFARE SOCIETY
13/1/1 Gobinda Mukherjee Lane. Baidyabati; Hooghly.
Pin: 712222 [INDIA]
Contact no: +919883207866
Please mark your packets "No commercial Value; Photographs for Exhibition"
No prints will be returned. All prints will be destroyed.
a) Color Space – RGB / sRGB
b) Format – jpg
c) Compression – 9 to 12
d) Size – Horizontal 1024 pix (Max. Width)
Vertical 768 pix (Max. Height)
e) Resolution - 72 dpi
f) Max. file size – 1 MB
3. File Naming:
No special file naming is required. If the title of the image is 'Tajmahal', the file name may be 'Tajmahal.jpg'. However, file name should contain English letters only, and must not be longer than 30 characters. Please note that file extension .jpeg will not be accepted, and the file name must not contain any special characters (i.e. ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + \ | / ? <> = . , : ; " and ').
5. Submission of Entries:
Entries must be submitted online. Please visit http//www.bawsphoto.com and click on 'PARTICIPATE NOW'. Thereafter follow the instructions to REGISTRATION FORM. After complete of registration, you can upload your entry [PRINT IMAGES ALSO] . After upload the images [Print Image] post that in our Society's Address. After receive your print we will update your print receive status.
6. Entry Fees:
Foreigner: 1st Two Digital Section $15 only and additional each Digital Section $5 each. And all Two Print Section Fees only $20.
Indian: 1st Two Digital Section Rs. 500/-only and additional each Digital Section Rs. 175/- only. And all Two Print Section only Rs.675/-
PRINTS WILL NOT RETUREND.
For Club / Group Entries Consisting of 7 or more participants - 10% discount will be allowed.
7. Payment Procedure:
i) For Overseas Participants:
Payment through PayPal only to email id: email@example.com
ii) For Indian Entrants:
NEFT / RTGS Transfer to the following Account. No Draft or Pay Order will be accepted. For cash deposit to Bank Account, additional Rs.100/- should be paid.
Beneficiary Name :BAIDYABATI ART AND WELFARE SOCIETY
Bank / Branch Name :AXIS BANK[Sheoraphuli Branch]
IFSC Code :UTIB0001779
Bank Account No. : 914010034297273 (Current Account)
Entry Fees must be credited to the aforesaid bank account well within 48 hours of Salon Closing date/time. Entrants are required to advise the payment details to "firstname.lastname@example.org". In case of non-payment of full Salon Fees as applicable by any entrant, their name will be deleted from the final acceptance list.
8. Projector for Judging and Exhibition :
The Judging and exhibition presentation of the projected images will be done by multimedia projector of 2,700 ANSI lumens brightness and high contrast ratio 2000:1 with (1600 x 1200) on a screen sized at least 1.8m x 1.8m.
Catalog: All paid entrains will receive a quality Online Catalog.
Notification of Result : All Participants will receive notification via e-mail. The Salon Result will also be published on the website: www.bawsphoto.com
General: Entries must originate as photographs (image-capture of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and / or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. The exhibition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker if the photographic content predominates. Creative is defined as "altered reality".
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a grayscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A grayscale or multicolored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color
"A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment.
Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to grayscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural."
PSA, FIAP, and RPS Nature Definition
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed Person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation. The story Telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality. Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves. Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible. Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement. No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping are permitted. Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning. Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed. Stitched images are not permitted. All allowed adjustments must appear natural. Color images can be converted to grayscalemonochrome. Infrared images, either direct captures or derivations, are not allowed.
Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can havelandscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with the subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
We will be happy to consider all your suggestions.
It will help to improve us.!